Sometimes it's difficult maintaining a blog. The fact of the matter is that my life (and I believe most lives) doesn't really entail much most of the time. Most people will get up in the morning, have the same thing for breakfast, do the same thing at work, talk about the same things with their spouse and go to bed at the same time. Perhaps this is why television is so important to our society: there's something different everyday, but overall it's always the same.
My life has a little more variation than most. My job is to do what other people want to do or what needs doing. Thus if a group comes in wanting to hike, that's what we do. If we have no group, we might end up painting or cleaning something. It means that I don't necesarily know what's coming next, and that is a godsend.
Unfortunately, it also means that I don't really know what to do with time off, and neither does anybody else. Throw, say, a four day weekend our way and what you end up with is a lot of guys sitting around playing a lot of video games. I did manage to do a little writing, but not until yesterday when I was so fed up with wandering in 3D rendered towns that I couldn't stand to push the CD eject button. It kind of makes me wonder: with so many people hating their jobs and living for the weekend, could it be that I, who love my job, have taken the opposite approach? I bore myself on my time off.
This week I seem to be in charge of the Villa. Two tours a day and I have to turn on the lights at night so people can find their way back to their guest rooms. Okay, it's not complicated, but at least it's work.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment