Well, here we are. My intention is to put a link to this on facebook for anyone that feels like reading it, we'll see how that works out. I know, it's a symptom of our bizarre 21st century egotism that everyone believes that people read their blog, though they don't read anyone else's. I feel I have a bit of an edge in that department, however. I do read other people's blogs on occasion (email me a link) and I very rarely talk about myself or keep in email contact with anyone. Thus, if you want to know what's going on in my life, my infrequent posts here is pretty much all you get.
So why am I here, as opposed to my old Myspace blog? There are a number of reasons. First, I'm on a dial up connection here. Even connecting to Myspace was a hassle. Second, what is it about Myspace that makes everyone want to change their name and put up a picture of a teddy bear or a truck engine and make all of their personal information so vague that I can't even recognize the people on my friends list? And D) [sic] you know that feeling you get when it says there's a new friend request? That breathless, anticipatory charge that makes you wonder (for a couple of minutes on dial up) just who it was that found you out of all the millions of profiles? A friend from high school? Or work maybe? Someone close to your heart that sadly has faded from view? No, sorry, it's just somebody wanting you to check out the great pictures that Myspace won't let her post because she's "expressing her natural beauty" or some rot like that.
The short version of the above is that I deleted my Myspace account, not as a personal affront to anyone (except possibly the photogenic young ladies mentioned) but as a practical necessity. Other than that, not a whole lot seems to be going on. I'm still looking for a job, with slightly less hope and zeal than a couple of months ago. My latest writing projects are a couple of screenplays that my brother convinced me I have the talent to put together. The trouble there is that I have no idea where to send them. And that's about it. Perhaps next time I'll have more to report.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment